Friday, September 14, 2012

Song of the Week - We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together

Good Afternoon!
This week is a familiar song that I'm sure everyone has heard- even if you don't want to admit it!  This song has been a huge hit to all country and non country fans.  Yes I am talking about Taylor Swift's new single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."  As most know, Taylor gets all of her hit singles from writing about past relationships and her tough breakups.  This time the word is that it is about American actor Jake Gyllenhaal.  Their relationship ended up with Jake breaking up with Taylor and in return she didn't let him off the hook with that hard, dark, and a little depressing break-up.  They broke up around Christmas time 2011.  Taylor admitted that it was a hard breakup.  But she put it all behind her and she received a top hit in return.  The single has set records for being the #1 song on the top 100 Billboard singles for 3 consecutive weeksI would admit that I don't believe it is her best song, but it is catchy!  Please enjoy her new music video of the song.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA4iX5D9Z64 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan, it looks like so far you are doing a great job with your blog. The only thing that you might want to watch is the length of your blog is a little on the short side. I like how you give background on the song with your opinion and the youtube link is nice because then you can actually listen to the song while your reading the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really a country fan. But, I will admit that Taylor Swift is a very talented musician all around. That being said, this song annoys me. While one might see it as catchy, I see it as repetitive. But, obviously many other people disagree with me as it has been a hit song for the last few weeks. I really like the background and the format for this blog! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete